What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Decadent Almond Butter Cups


This week's posting pairs two things near and dear to my heart- almond butter and chocolate!!! When I was a little girl, I used to adore Reeses Peanut Butter Cups so when I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter Cups by the author and chef Christina Pirello on Chloe Jo's The Girly Girl Army, I decided to make some with a few twists of my own!!!
Almond Butter Cups
2 cups organic, unsweetened chocolate chips
1 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons agave nectar
Dash of sea salt

Place cup cake liners in a muffin pan. Melt the chocolate chips over a double broiler. If you don't have a double broiler, place a glass bowl on top of a pot with boiling water underneath. Continue stirring while heating up the chocolate until smooth.

In a separate bowl, mix the almond butter, agave nectar and sea salt.

Pour about 3/4-1 cm of chocolate into the muffin tin and then spoon the almond butter mixture on top in a thin layer. Top with another 1/2-3/4 cm of chocolate until all of almond butter covered.

Place in freezer and let harden well. Take out and enjoy- yum!!! The only problem with these is you want to each them all!!! My daughter, husband and I all devoured them!
Thank you Chloe Jo and Christina Pirello for the inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Could there be a better combination that chocolate and nut butter? These look great!

    Thanks so much for including my Chocolate Lava Cakes in your article on greens at the Girlie Girl Army site! :D I see that you've credited Joy the Baker for her photo, but there is no credit to me for mine. Would you please add one? Thanks so much. And hope you enjoy the cakes (or cupcakes--my preferred way to make the recipe). :)

    ReplyDelete