What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Homemade Almond Milk


This morning I used up the last bit of my almond milk making smoothies so when Caroline and I returned home, I decided I would wip up a fresh batch for the week!

Almond milk is so nutritious-AND easy to make and it tastes so much better than the kind you can buy in a box! This recipe takes me less than 10 minutes and is well worth the effort!

To watch how easy it is to make, you can watch my video on you tube by clicking here! Below is an easy recipe for the almond milk. You can use it in smoothies, over cereal or berries or even add chocolate powder and have a delicious and healthy chocolate milk!

Homemade Almond Milk
2 cups of almonds (pre-soak and rinse for 4 hrs if can)
2 cups of filtered water
Agave nectar
Optional: maca, hint of cinnamon, or 1 tbsp coconut better
Nut bag or muslin cloth to strain

Place the almonds and water in a blender. Squeeze a healthy dash of agave nectar and add maca, cinnamon or coconut butter (most of the time I just put in a little maca.) Blend and strain. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment